Hyundai’s Charter Of Inclusion And Diversity
Hyundai was founded through the hard work, passion and pioneering spirit of its people.
At Hyundai Motor America, we know that our differences make us stronger. Inclusion and diversity connect unique individual contributions across our organization to challenge conventional thinking.
We commit ourselves to hire and retain an executive management and employee staff based on equal participation and opportunity for all, regardless of race, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, religion, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Hyundai values inclusion and diversity as they are the catalysts that enrich employee ingenuity, broaden our dealer network, identify supplier synergies, and enhance each customer’s experience.
Our successes – past and present – come from crafting innovative solutions. Inclusion and diversity assures Hyundai’s continued success.
Hyundai | Genesis Diversity Statement
Hyundai and Genesis are committed to, and takes great pride in, supporting equal opportunity for all its business partners. This commitment is woven into the fabric and foundation of our organization. We acknowledge, with great gratitude, the support and contributions of our many customer and business partners who have cultivated, encouraged, and supported the growth of our business in the United States.
At Hyundai and Genesis, we commit ourselves to the accomplishment of the following goals:
- To give equal consideration and opportunity to all individuals seeking partnership with us in securing a Hyundai or Genesis dealership. We will continue to strive to become the premier franchise with the broadest minority representation possible.
- To provide equal opportunity to all suppliers and vendors seeking to do business with our company. Our selection of business partners will always be predicated upon our duty to provide our customers with safe, quality, and affordable automobiles.
- To continue to be committed to the philanthropic sharing of our profits to promote community development and improvement (focusing on the education and health of young people), protect our environment, and implement programs to improve understanding and respect within our society.
- To expand our brand image by committing funds and effort to communicate a clear and accurate portrayal of our products, services, and company values to all of our customers, regardless of their demographic status.
- To hire and retain an executive management and employee staff based on equal participation and opportunity for all, regardless of race, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected characteristic.
- To solicit the advice and wise counsel of nationally recognized persons pf achievement and character to assist us in fulfilling our goals.
Hyundai and Genesis are proud of our parent organization’s growth and development through hard work, sacrifice, strong planning, and a focus on long-term objectives. We are a company built out of the ashes of war by founders who struggled with limited resources and who, through their diligence, commitment, and self-sacrifice, built an automobile company which is second to none. Remembering our origin and heritage, it is our hope to share the wealth of our experience and support others who are currently in the process of accomplishing similar goals. We are grateful to our many business partners and customers who have helped us achieve success in the United States.
Hyundai Employee Resource Groups
Young Leaders – Millennials ERG
Works cohesively to leverage the strengths of the millennial generation to provide ideas and solutions for improvements which contribute to the excellence and success of Hyundai; concurrently, building a foundation to foster career growth and enhance personal development.
Women @Hyundai – Women’s ERG
Champions a positive and inclusive environment that empowers female employees, customers, and business partners. Women@Hyundai serves as a voice for women and their supporters by advancing brand awareness, automotive expertise, professional development, and employee retention. Women@Hyundai welcomes membership and contribution from all Hyundai employees.
Hyundai Soul – African American/Black ERG
The Black/African American employee resource group has the following goals: leverage the diverse experiences of Hyundai employees to provide innovative ideas that will increase awareness of the Hyundai brand within the Black and African American community; become thought leaders and serve as a cultural competence council providing insightful intelligence to Hyundai’s executive leadership team.
Amigos Unidos – Hispanic/Latino ERG
Incorporate the cultural intelligence of the Latino community to enable innovative business solutions. The group also looks to become a trusted advisor for Hyundai leadership regarding the growth of the Latino/Hispanic community.
Equality – LGBTQ ERG
Promotes a positive and inclusive work environment while providing opportunities for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) Hyundai employees in education, career development, networking and workplace collaboration. Additionally, this ERG advances innovative ideas to drive awareness of the Hyundai brand within the LGBTQ community. Driving: Equality welcomes membership and contribution from all Hyundai employees supporting its goals, both LGBTQ employees and allies.
#BecauseAsian – Asian ERG
The Hyundai Asian Cultures employee resource group seeks to promote the differences in all Asian cultures which make Hyundai a stronger company. The group’s goal is to create a framework to leverage the talent, skills, and networks of Hyundai employees to drive innovation and business opportunities. Lastly, the group also looks to support Hyundai’s corporate outreach and community events.
Stars & Stripes – Veterans ERG
Provide Hyundai employees, spouses, siblings, and supporters of U.S. Military Veterans with a forum to gather with other employees who hold common interests, identities, and/or topics related to veterans.
Hyundai CARES – Disabilities ERG
Focus and create awareness on the impact of disabilities on Hyundai employees, their families and the workplace. Provide support to employees who are born with or who have acquired a disability, maturing employees with age-related disabilities, veterans with service related disabilities, and employees who have a child with special needs.